Do you have a passion for helping people who suffer from a diagnosable mental health condition? With a Master’s in Counseling degree you can act as a direct catalyst to improve the lives of those most in need. Here’s a list of undeniable reasons you should pursue your master’s degree at Divine Mercy University.
1) Be Trained in the Practice of Professional Counseling: By gaining an education that’s within industry standards for the profession of counseling, you will be able to acquire the necessary knowledge and skills to engage in communities as an effective leader and advocate. This is achieved through real-world clinical training that is key to providing sound, research-based counsel to clients.
As a part of our program, you will gain practicum experience of 100 hours with a minimum of 40 hours of direct services and an internship of 600 hours with a minimum of 240 hours of direct service. You will also be able to take additional training that leads to four separate levels of Trauma Certification: Compassion Fatigue Educator, Compassion Fatigue Therapist, Field Traumatologist and Certified (Clinical) Traumatologist. As a result, you will be prepared for a role as a licensed professional counselor, who works to promote mental health and well-being with a diverse population, as well as diagnosing and treating a wide range of mental health and life issues.
2) Open Yourself to New Job Opportunities: With a master’s degree, your resume will be enhanced and your counseling skills will be enriched. The demand for counseling professionals in the workforce is growing and it is expected to continue to grow. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the expected growth for jobs from 2016-2026 is projected at 23%, with the average growth rate for all occupations at 7 percent.
This degree will open you to a range of employment opportunities, including:
- Clinical Mental Health Counselor
- Marriage and Family Counselor
- Substance Abuse/Addictions Counselor
- Vocational/Veterans Rehabilitation Counselor
- Public and Private Sector Jobs
Consequently, your contribution to the mental health profession will help reduce the national deficit of workers in the field.
3) Cut Tuition Costs with Scholarships*: Unlike most other universities, we make it our mission to help allocate scholarships to new and current students. In 2017, we awarded students more than $654,000 in tuition scholarships, which helped reduce the financial burden of going back to school. Here’s a few of our most awarded scholarships:
- Public Servant Scholarship – 10% Off Tuition
- Patriot Scholarship – 10% Off Tuition
- Faith and Hope Scholarship – from $2000, up to 50% Off Tuition
*Scholarships are distributed based on availability, need and individual qualifications
Download our free eBook “5 Reasons to Get a Master’s in Counseling”!
Sign up to learn more about the Master’s in Clinical Mental Health Counseling at Divine Mercy University.